Our commitment to your privacy
Arrow on Spencer Apartment Hotel is committed to consistently exceed your expectations in providing the highest quality in hospitality service. Understanding our guest requirements enables us to deliver high quality services tailored to your needs.
It is for this reason that we collect personal information. Since the privacy of our guests and visitors is of paramount importance, we endeavour to protect your personal privacy and maintain your trust.
Arrow on Spencer Apartment Hotel is fully committed to providing information about the collection and use of personal information furnished by, or collected from, visitors while using our website, products and services. This policy outlines the information we collect, how we use it, and how to deal with any issues arising from privacy concerns.
Collection of personal information
Information is collected from various sources and stored on a central information database. Generally, the information collected comes directly from you, or from service provider partners or agents making bookings. When you stay in our property, the information provided to us at the time of your booking is recorded in our reservation system. We may also collect other information within our hotel through the following sources:
- Guest Registration Cards
- Guest History Data
- Guest Recognition Program
- Accident and Incident Reports and insurance claims
Under the Privacy Act, certain types of personal information are regarded as sensitive and must be treated with a greater standard of care. This includes information relating to health, religious beliefs and criminal records. Arrow on Spencer Apartment Hotel does not normally collect this type of information, unless you provide it to us for a specific purpose, for example to inform us of particular health needs relevant to your stay with us.
Use and Disclosure
The main uses for personal information we collect relate to managing your reservations and improving the quality of our service to you. Arrow on Spencer Apartment Hotel does not use your personal information for purposes which are not disclosed or authorised by you.
Arrow on Spencer Apartment Hotel will generally explain the specific use of any personal information we collect at the time it is collected. In situations when a website visitor voluntarily provides personal information (for example, on a survey or order form).
When we will contact you:
- When you stay at Arrow on Spencer Apartment Hotel, we will give you the choice upon registration as to whether you wish to receive further information about special offers and promotions in the future. This opportunity also extends to certain guest return benefits provided by Arrow on Spencer Apartment Hotel.
- We generally make contact through ordinary mail or, for our website visitors, through email. From time to time, Arrow on Spencer Apartment Hotel ask guests for their email address in order to provide information, such as reservation confirmations or promotions and offers. Email communication is only used where you have consented to receive email from Arrow on Spencer for service or promotional purposes. At the time of email capture, Arrow on Spencer Apartment Hotel will advise our guests that we will use the email address for service and product information, as well as marketing and promotional communications. Email addresses may be joined with other information provided at our website and may also be augmented with other data sources.
Arrow on Spencer Apartment Hotel may use personal information about guests where:
- We are required by law to do so;
- We believe it necessary to provide you with a service which you have requested;
- Necessary to implement our terms of service;
- Necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of another guest, any member of the public or Arrow on Spencer Apartment Hotel
- We assess and process any application for our products or services, and administer and manage the products and services we provide to you, including carrying out systems testing and auditing;
- Requirements of credit reporting, verification, and risk management is necessary, we will exchange information about our customers with reputable reference sources and clearinghouse services.
Like most organisations, we use a range of service providers to help us maximise the quality and efficiency of our services and our business operations. This means that sometimes individuals and organisations outside of Arrow on Spencer Apartment Hotel such as computer technical support agencies and mail houses will have access to personal information that we hold and may use it on our behalf. We require our service providers to adhere to strict privacy guidelines and not to keep this information or use it for any unauthorised purposes.
Those parties which supply services to us, and to which we disclose personal information, have undertaken to comply with our confidentiality requirements under privacy law.
Security of personal information
Arrow on Spencer Apartment Hotel takes all reasonable steps to ensure the security of any information (including information on-line) which we hold about you. We require our employees and anyone else with access to your information to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by Arrow on Spencer Apartment Hotel.
Our commitment to privacy extends to our internet site: All information that is forwarded to us by email remains private and confidential.
Access to your personal information
In order to keep your personal information as current as possible, we ask that you let us know of any changes to your personal details. If you want to access your personal information, please contact the General Manager - Hotels.
If you have privacy concerns or require any further information, please call (61-3) 9225 9000 or write to us via email at email@example.com
Where possible, your concerns received over the telephone are resolved at that time. If your concerns cannot be resolved in this way, please refer the matter in writing to:
General Manager - Hotels
Harbourlight (Aust) Pty Ltd
Arrow on Spencer Apartment Hotel
585 La Trobe Street
Melbourne Victoria 3000 Australia
We will endeavour to review and resolve the situation within 30 days of receiving the letter.